Your Evaporative cooling unit, like your automobile, needs regular maintenance to guarantee its efficiency while providing the safest, cleanest air for you and your family. Find out when evaporative cooling service or maintenance service is needed, and how it should be conducted.
When is Evaporative Cooling Maintenance Service Needed?
If you have not serviced your evaporative cooler in a while, your unit and side pads may be in a poor state. If you want to see for yourself, you are most likely to see it on the top of your roof. If it looks bad enough, it is a dead giveaway that your evaporative cooling machine needs to be repaired as soon as possible. In any case, the recommended guideline is to get your machine serviced after every two years.
The optimal time of year to arrange an air conditioning system maintenance visit is in the early spring. There should be reduced demands on your unit at this time of year, making it easier to schedule an appointment. Most individuals wait until they need their systems to start operating to obtain a servicing, which might generate a backlog at the local evaporative cooling service agency of your choice.
Early reservations throughout the spring season will aid in avoiding this problem and enable qualified experts to service your system before it needs to be done. When the heating season arrives, the load on the components will increase, and you will be glad that your unit was inspected ahead of time.
It is recommended that you get your evaporative cooling service performed once a year. Because the interior of your Evaporative cooling system is warm and moist, it may become a breeding ground for germs and mould if left unattended for an extended period. In severe cases, a neglected evaporative cooling system that is clogged with leaves and dust might start a house fire.
How is Evaporative Cooling Maintenance Service Done?
Even though your system performed admirably throughout the previous cooling season, issues may occur that require expert evaporative cooling service and repair.
- When the unit is not in use, debris and dirt might accumulate, obstructing the heat exchange required by the coils and potentially causing freezing.
- The blower motor might be clogged, reducing airflow into your house.
- Electrical issues, including as hard starts and system failures, are a regular issue while restarting a unit that has not been used in a while.
A regular evaporative cooling service appointment for your system will often begin with a comprehensive evaluation of your equipment. The system will then be set properly to optimize energy efficiency and performance to minimize your expenses.
Minor issues are fixed most of the time on the first visit. However, larger issues may necessitate a further visit later, agreed-upon mutually.
During maintenance service, various parts are inspected properly. The components checked and serviced include:
- Float valve – Technicians ensure that your water supply is turned off when the proper water level is reached by inspecting the float valve, based on your system.
- Solenoid – They examine the solenoid valve, which is critical to proper cooling functioning.
- Internal Water Tank – Then, the internal water tank is thoroughly cleaned – to ensure no stale water is circulating, which can lead to breathing of bad air otherwise.
- Roof Flashings – Skilled specialists inspect the roof flashings to ensure they are water-resistant and clear of debris and bird nests.
- Drainpipe – From the water line to the drainpipe, a thorough checking is done to look for leaks and drips.
A comprehensive evaporative cooling service includes a thorough clean of the inner as well as the outer side of the unit, to remove mould and germs from stagnant water. You will be at ease when you know that you are breathing good quality air. It will keep your health at its best in the summer seasons.
Timely servicing ensures the proper upkeep that your system requires, to function as effectively as feasible. This, in turn, can help you save money in the long term by extending the lifespan of your equipment. Your evaporative cooler can last much longer with a little gentle love and care from professional evaporative cooling service providers.