Picnic baskets come in all shapes and sizes. Over the years, picnic baskets have come on leaps and bounds, and the choices are varied. Australia has some of the best outdoor opportunities in the world for an afternoon in nature, a leisurely walk in the park or just a fun day out. When we go out, we always want to take food and snacks with us to make the day nice and relaxing, so picnic basket are part of our lifestyle. To help you choose the picnic basket that best suits your outdoor environment and picnic needs, we’ve compiled a list of the types of picnic baskets online we sell and this picnic basket buying guide to help you understand the pros and cons of different picnic baskets.
Some things you should know when buying a picnic basket
Consider how many people you want to bring on the picnic
- Picnic basket for 1 person
- Picnic baskets for 2 people
What equipment should be in the basket
- Traditional wicker picnic basket with cutlery, plates and drinking glasses. They can be either glass, ceramic or metal, otherwise they are plastic so they don’t break.
- Picnic baskets with zipped cooler bags to keep your food and drinks as cool as any esky
- Picnic baskets with extra covers
- Picnic baskets without cutlery
- How long it holds
- How easy is it to carry
- Wicker picnic baskets are long lasting and durable. They can be a bit clumsy
- Willow is slightly softer but very similar to Willow
- Artificial willow looks just like willow, but is a soft plastic material that is lightweight and durable. Very easy to clean.
- Wooden boxes are simple and durable and can hold more than enough weight. They also work as a shopping cart.
Many trendy finishes are available, including white wash and stain. Different types of handles are also available to make carrying the baskets easier. You can find stylish baskets in a number of different materials and finishes, such as aluminum and stainless steel. Some baskets come with handles, which is helpful when you’re carrying them from place to place.