- A USB cable that came with your PlayStation 4, preferably Micro USB for older controllers and Mini USB for newer ones (the white one)
- Your DualShock 4 controller
How to set the controller for charging?
Plug in the charging cable. When you plug in the charging cable, make sure you pay attention to which way the cord is plugged-in. If it’s plugged in wrong, you could damage both your controller and maybe even your console. The red light should turn on to indicate that it’s powering up.
Find an outlet. This is very important because if your controller isn’t powered, then it won’t charge. I would recommend finding one that isn’t shared with other appliances that you’ll be turning on since they can drain some battery power. If you use a USB extension cord to make the reach easier, make sure it’s plugged directly into the wall and not through another device like a surge protector or something like that (this may cause damage too).
Put down your controller for about two hours before checking up on it to see if it is done charging; it should be fully charged at this point. To check whether or not it’s finished charging, press down on the circular button in the center of your controller. A white light should turn on if it’s finished charging. If there isn’t a white light, then it means that the battery is still charging and you should go back to step one or leave it be for another hour or so.
To set up your PS4 controller timeout options
- Select “Settings” from the main menu
- Scroll down using your Left Stick and select “Devices.”
- Scroll across using your Right Stick until you reach the “Controllers” section. 4) Here, you should see a number of different options. The one you’re looking for is called “Controller Auto-Off.”
- In this section, you can select a shutoff timer for your controller between 30 minutes and 7 hours in Go to [Settings] > (Devices) and select (Controllers)
- Once you’ve made your selection, press the “X” Button to confirm it.
- Once you have set up your Controller Auto-Off, your PS4 will begin powering down at the selected time without any further interaction from you. There are other ways for saving battery life on the system itself turn off HDCP (more on that here ), dim or power off the screen when not needed, etc. but changing how long the game-pad stays active each session is an easy way to help you save energy.
Information about PlayStation 4
To set the ps4 here are some setting you need to set.
- Go to [Settings] > [Devices] and select [Controllers]
You should see the small light bar icon in the left corner, press this to reveal a menu. You can either highlight it and press, or press once to turn the lights off completely. It will then ask you if you want “All Controllers” or “Individual Controllers.” Highlight “Individual Controllers,” then select which controller you would like to dim by pressing.
If there is no option for Individual Controller that means none of your controllers are currently connected. If you’re not planning on using a particular controller, please make sure it’s turned off completely. The light from all controllers can interfere with PlayStation VR tracking!
How to reduce your controller’s speaker volume?
The first method we will explore is how to reduce the PS4’s speaker volume. To do this, press and hold the PlayStation button on the front of your PS4 until your home screen pops up.
- Click the gear-shaped “Settings” icon at the bottom of your screen. Now, find and click on “Devices” from the menu list, and scroll down until you see “Audio Devices.”
- Click on your DualShock 4 controller in order to open its menu. The good news is that all of the DS4’s settings are laid out pretty much identically to those found on any other Bluetooth device.
- The options we want under here are as follows: Mute Audio Output -> Checked Volume Control (Headphone) -> Set to Maximum Vibrate Controller -> Unchecked
After setting these, your controller’s speaker volume will be reduced by about 80%. I recommend playing around with the Volume Control (Headphone) option if you want to find a balance between reducing volume and not eliminating it altogether.
It takes about two hours of uninterrupted time to charge your PS4 from 0% – 100%. The trick is finding out where to plug in and determine which way the cord goes in and leaving it alone long enough for it to charge up completely. I hope following this guide helped you with getting the best battery life out of your PlayStation 4 controller.
If you want to make sure your controller is ready for gaming at a moment’s notice, but don’t want it to kill its battery life by staying on for too long, there is a way to do this. By changing your controller’s shutoff timer, you can ensure that it will go into sleep/shut-down mode after the amount of time that you specify.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does it cost to buy ps4?
The average cost of ps4 is $1000. You can get this at this price.
- What are the best games you can play on ps4?
The best games you can play on ps4 are God of war, bloodborne, horizon zero dawn etc