If a person who lived in Australia for two years and has employment experience of a minimum of 12 months, the skilled regional visa subclass 887 will be the best choice for him to stay in Australia permanently.
887 visa is a permanent visa for a holder of a skilled provisional visa to live in Australia indefinitely. This visa subclass 887 allows a person to stay in Australia permanently, work and study there, travel to and from Australia for five years and apply for Australian citizenship. An applicant should meet 887 visa requirements to apply for the visa.
The applicant must have lived in a designated or regional area that has low-population growth.
887 visa processing time varies according to the individual circumstances of the case. The person can also accompany his family in this visa subclass 887. He must comply with the laws of Australia and the conditions attached to this visa.
A person will be eligible for a skilled regional visa if he has met 887 visa requirements which are as follows-
- He must be a holder of any provisional visa subclass 489, 495, 496, 475, 487, Bridging visa A, and Bridging visa B.
- He must have lived in Australia for at least two years in a designated area having low-population growth (if nominated by a state/territory government of Australia) and in specified regional areas ( if sponsored by an eligible relative)
- He must have worked as a full-time employee for
- He and his family members joining him on this visa must have met the character and health criteria.
- He must have fulfiled the conditions attached to the 887 visas.
- He must have a document showing his English competency.
- He must not have any debt outstanding to the government of Australia.
How to Apply
To apply for the skilled regional visa subclass 887, a person should prepare and collect all documents required in one place so they can be available on one call. He can apply by following the procedure of application which is –
- Apply for the visa online – An applicant should open an ImmiAccount to apply online for visa subclass 887.
- Fill in the details – After opening ImmiAccount, click “apply now” for the application form and fill in all the personal and other information. Attach the documents required in an e-format.
- Apply – Apply after filling in all the details. Recheck all information and documents attached to the visa application to avoid mishappenings.
Receive the visa – The applicant should wait for visa processing. The 887 visa processing time varies in every case. But in general, the 887 visa processing time is as follows-
- 25% of applications in 23 months
- 50% of applications in 24 months
- 75% of applications in 24 months
- 90% of applications in 24 months
When the authorities approve the application, they will grant the visa number, the date of visa start, and visa conditions in writing. If they refuse the visa, they will provide a valid reason for such refusal.
Know more about visa subclass 887
The 887 visa lets a person stay in Australia permanently. With the skilled regional visa, he can-
- Work/ study in Australia
- Enrol himself in the country’s healthcare policies
- Travel to and from Australia for five years, as many times as he wants
- Apply for Australian citizenship
- Sponsor a relative to come to Australia.
A person can be outside or inside Australia while applying for visa subclass 887. He needs a resident return if he is entering Australia after the expiry of the duration of five years of travelling.
The applicant can include his family member in the application provided that the member joining held an eligible visa. The cost of visa 887 is AUD435 for the applicant. He has to pay charges for each family member individually. He can compute his visa cost with the help of a visa pricing estimator.
In summary, Skilled regional visa subclass 887 is for skilled workers who have lived in Australia for two years and have work experience of 12 months or more. They must have held an eligible visa to comply with 887 visa requirements.
If a person needs help applying for visa subclass 887, he can take assistance from migration agents in Perth. They are professionals working to serve people with visa-related issues. For any visa advice in Perth, an applicant either contact an immigration agency or directly contact an immigration agent in Perth. He will clear all the doubts of the applicant about his visa proceedings. He will also explain whether the living area of the applicant is in the designated area or specified region ( as per the list provided by home affairs)
When an applicant applies for an 887 visa, he can be in or outside Australia. With this visa, he can work/ study in Australia, sponsor a relative to visit Australia, apply for higher studies or long-term employment, and apply for Australian citizenship.