Last Updated on December 4, 2022 by ayan zaheer
I’ll briefly describe what you’ll see in this article. First, let me explain how we access the Asus laptop Boot Menu. Next is how to use USB to boot.
The process of loading memory into the central processor unit (CPU), after pressing the power button, is called .
The Boot Menu.
The introduction has shown us a glimpse at what the boot menu does. If you have two operating system, you can choose which way you want to access them.
The basic input/output system (BIOS) controls how the Operating System communicates with all hardware and software.
Once the power button is pressed, simultaneously press and hold the F2 Key to open the Asus BIOS.
The Boot Order or also called the boot sequence allows the computer monitor all devices and to determine if they are functioning properly. You can also modify the Boot Order using the BIOS settings.
Open the boot menu on Asus Laptops.
1. While your laptop is turning on, simultaneously press F8 on the Keyboard.
2 Navigate to the appropriate boot options using the arrow keys. Remember to save your settings before you exit from the boot menu.
Is there a way to activate the F12 Boot Menu in Asus laptops.
F12 boot Menu allows your laptop to access the boot menu via the F12 key.
1 To go to the boot menu press simultaneously F8 on your keyboard.
2 Use arrow keys to navigate the Main menu tab.
3. Scroll down to the F12 boot menu.
4. Use the Enter key to change from Disabled or Enabled.
5 Save changes, and then exit the bootmenu
Asus Boot using USB
A laptop’s default boot order is hard disk. To boot using USB, you will need a BIOS priority list that changes to USB.
I need to change the order of my boots.
1. Turn off your laptop.
2. After your laptop/PC has turned on, press the F2 button simultaneously.
3. Navigate through the Boot menu tabs using the arrow key.
4. You can adjust the priority of the boot using the up/down arrow key. Input the USB target option as the first option in the list.
5. End the setup utility. Save changes and exit BIOS.
Is it possible to boot from USB using
These steps will enable you to reboot from USB.
1. Attach the USB drive to your Asus notebook.
2. To get to the BIOS menu press the F2 key while simultaneously turning on your computer.
3. Navigate into your boot order. Make the USB option priority in the boot priority list.
4. Save and exit BIOS.
Asus Secure Boot
- Secure Boot protects laptops from malicious software, unauthorized media files, and other threats when they are started up.
- Secure boot allows you to use authorized operating systems to start your computer.
- You can enable/disable secure boot using BIOS settings.
Is Secure Boot disabled?
1. Turn off your Asus laptop.
2 Power it on and hold F2 to access the BIOS.
3. To navigate to Security, use the arrow keys.
4. Select Set Supervisor Password using the down-arrow key. Hit Enter.
5. Password: Enter your password and hit the Enter key.
6. Use the right arrow key for Boot.
7. Choose Secure Boot by clicking on the down key. Next hit Enter.
8. Enable it and hit Enter
9. Click on yes by pressing F10.
2021 ASUS laptop from USB
ASUS laptops such as the Zenbook Prime, Zenbook Prime, and K series are excellent computers for use with usb operating systems.
This procedure applies to most Asus laptops between 2010 and current.1) Turn off the computer and unplug your usb boot drive.
2. Turn on the computer. A message will appear on the black screen: “Press __ for configuration” or “Press__ to enter BIOS.”
A Asus laptop should use DEL orF23) Use your cursor keys and go to BOOT. UEFI settings should be changed to Disabled, Bios/Legacy or Disabled.
4: Update the Boot Options to Include USB Drives5) Save and Exit
Turn the computer off and plug in the usb drive. Power on the computer. It should then boot to the usbWindows 10: BIOS configuration not accessible
Turn off your machine, plug it in, and wait for 10 minutes. Then, restart it.
Hold down Shift, then turn off your system. Don’t stop until you are completely done.
Please wait a while.
Hold the Bios entry key (such F2) down and power on your system
How to start BIOS without restarting my computer
Please go to Section >Settings.
Open >Update and Security.
Click the menu to recover.
Scroll down to the Advance startup section and select >Restart Now.
Open >Troubleshoot from recovery mode
Select >Advance option.
Search for >UEFI Firmware Options.
How to update my Asus BIOS.
To modify the BIOS through Internet:
Select the Advanced Mode option in the BIOS set-up program.
Select by Internet.
Click the Left/Right buttons to select an Internet connection mode, then press “Enter”.
Follow onscreen instructions to complete your update.
Reboot your system after the update has been completed.
I need to know if Windows 10 has virtualization enabled. To check, open Task Manager->Performance Tab. Virtualization should be visible as shown below. It means that your CPU supports Virtualization.