Firsts are significant, especially when your child is going to school for the first time. It is a milestone for parents, so they do everything possible to ensure it becomes the best memory for their child. It begins with parents choosing the right KG school for their children and continues till buying their essentials and preparing them for the change. It would be the first time they would leave their comfort zone and spend time with other children alone for a few hours. Moreover, as it is a school setup, they have to follow a routine they might not have gone through ever before.
8 things to do before your child’s first day of school
- Prepare your child psychologically for school and the environment they will face there. You should send them to a pre-nursery or prep school before as it gives them familiarity.
- Tell stories about your school journey and explain how exciting it would be to attend school. Convey how they will get to play games, be with their friends, and more to ensure an excitement level starts building in children. Also, search for the top schools in Dubai.
- Take your child to a school where they will be going before their first academic day. Give a tour of the premises, and introduce them to their teachers, classrooms, and other areas of the school. It will help them gain familiarity with the place and increase their excitement significantly.
- Plan a shopping session with your child to buy all the essentials they will need for school. Ensure you buy them everything they need so they do not feel short of anything. Moreover, buy them super attractive items to give them more reasons to be excited about school.
- Before starting KG school, ensure your child knows the basics, like rhymes, counting, alphabets, shapes, and colours. It will make things easier for them as they will not feel zoned out when the teacher introduces them to these concepts.
- Pack their favourite lunch and try to make it unique by putting a motivating and happy note. You can get tiffin ideas from the net and see what other moms think would work for your child.
- Your child needs to follow a routine once they start school, but they cannot adapt to it in one day. The top schools in Dubai suggest that parents should start putting their children into a routine well before time. Correct their sleep clock and ensure they get a good night’s sleep before starting their day. Moreover, teach them to do their basic chores on time to avoid getting late for school.
- Convey it to your child, so he can discuss all his issues with you. Conduct open discussions with them and hear them out with full attention. This way, you will know if anything upsets your child and can find solutions on time.
These are the fundamental things you can do to prepare your child for their first day at school. So, pick the best school, enrol your child and follow these tips to prepare them for their big day!